First things first!
I have three weeks to get things organized. I have enough art, I just need to sort it all out and get the word out. I think the sooner I get the event advertised the better, so this week I am going to get the promotional aspect sorted and ready to go next week, if not sooner.
My to do list looks something like this:
- Design posters advertising the event to be posted around shopping centre/art venues and coffee shops.
- Create an online gallery of artworks for sale (so that people can reserve artworks.)
- Create a Facebook Events page advertising the open studio weekend.
- Contact all of my art contacts in Haugesund asking them to help me promote the weekend.
- Organize a debit/credit card terminal for transactions.
- Organize some nibblies and drinks.
- Rope in friends to help me run the day, as I would like to do a live painting demonstration.
My to do list for this week is:
- Organise, design and print posters advertising the event.
- Create an online gallery of works for sale.
- Create a facebook event's page.
Wish me luck!